Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Journalistic Tendencies

I have a sort of 'listening journal' that I keep up with from time to time, and I suppose it wouldn't hurt to somehow tie my blog in with my journal.  Btw, what a listening journal does is simply allow me to chroniclemy musical discoveries.  Recently I had a fantastic evening that involved my discovery of a few great bands.

The Shins



My Morning Jacket


Animal Collective



Two-Bit Charlie

Couldn't find any videos of these guys.  I'm pretty sure they're a recent development, and not much has come out of them yet, but I really enjoyed their set at Green Bar when they opened for...

Electric Moon

Man, let me tell you - the venue of this video is an amazing environment, but the acoustics stink like shit.  That's putting it nicely.  It's proof of this band's skill that they can sound at all decent in that basement.  Any one of their songs might won't tell their whole story, but hearing the entirety of a set list makes sense of how their style works, and how great they really are for a recently-formed band.

No comments:

Post a Comment